Grassroots Community Group (GCG) Facilitator
Note: To apply for this job you will need to be referred by Jobcentre Plus or by Skills Development Scotland
- Open to unemployed 16–29 year-olds
- 25 Hours per week (10:00–15:30 Mon–Fri)
- Salary £8.45 per hour
With support from the Community Development Officer, the GCG Facilitator will work with the team to assist training and workshop activities that engage communities, meeting learning objectives and contribute to the team’s overall targets. Additionally, the GCG Facilitator will regularly review their workshop practice to maximise member groups’ participation, satisfaction and success.
- Work with lead Officer to ensure clear objectives for all workshops, activities and projects and communicate objectives to participants.
- With support from lead Officer, establish and enforce a classroom code of conduct to maintain positive learning environment throughout workshop activities.
- With support, utilise training materials and rooms for activities.
- Facilitate workshops with support of team officer.
- Review success following each workshop and highlight areas of success/challenges to lead Officer.
- Maintain efficient record-keeping.
- Provide a positive environment in which participants are encouraged to actively engage in the learning process.
- Must be responsive to the hopes, needs and aspirations of vulnerable communities.
- Excellent Administration Skills.
- Very good communication skills and ability to work effectively with broader teams and experience of building and sustaining positive relationships.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Knowledge of IT suites including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to seek support when needed.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work occasional evenings and weekend days/evenings.
This post will benefit from full facilitation training within each subject matter prior to delivery within communities. All facilitators will have ongoing support and supervision to build knowledge and confidence across subject matters disseminated.
Required – can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership
How To Apply
Please contact your Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor to access a Community Jobs Scotland application formView on Community Jobs Scotland site