- people from the diverse communities are valued, treated with dignity and respect,
- have equal citizenship, opportunities and equality of life,
- and who actively participate in civic society.
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) and BEMIS have joined forces in a bid to raise visibility and awareness of Modern Apprenticeships (MAs) within the ethnic and cultural minority communities, and increase their participation in the programme.
MAs provide the chance to ‘earn and learn’ in a wide range of jobs and sectors and give the Modern Apprentice a chance to develop skills, experience and gain qualifications.
A Modern Apprentice is:
- For a young person aged between 16 – 24 years
- A real job gaining you a wage from day one
- Open to entry, technical and professional learning on-the-job
- Working towards an industry-recognised qualification
To get started or to learn more about the programme, visit the project page.