BEMIS Scotland in collaboration with the Scottish Government is delighted to continue the themed years programme and invite multicultural communities across Scotland to join the celebration of the Year of Young People 2018, 2018/19 Scottish Winter Festivals, and the new St Andrew’s Fair Saturday Festival
Our call this year is for communities across Scotland to showcase the best of their talents and cultural identities across our shared communities. Scotland’s diversity is a strength and we want to help you celebrate that over the Year of Young People 2018 and Scotland’s Winter Festivals.
This year we have an exciting new opportunity: The St Andrew’s Fair Saturday Festival.
This will take place on Friday 30th November – Saturday 1st December. This new festival is happening in venues across Europe and we have teamed up with our colleagues from the Fair Saturday Foundation in Bilbao, Spain to bring this to Scotland. The Fair Saturday Foundation – like BEMIS – believe that arts and culture can be instrumental in making the world a better place.
We have two requirements to join this global movement:
- We embrace the message of arts and culture as a way of bringing communities together in common international human bond and ensure our events are open to all.
- You nominate a charity of your choice who would benefit can benefit from your event. This could be from a raffle or any other way of fundraising. If your organisation are a charity you could raise money for an existing or new project. There is no minimum or maximum amount you must raise.
If you want more information about the St Andrews Fair Saturday Festival or have any ideas about what you’d like to do, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Year of Young People 2018 is an opportunity for young people across Scotland to participate and lead on events. Therefore, your application must outline how young people will be involved in shaping, programming and delivering your event. Events must take place by 31st December 2018.
- The Scotland’s Winter Festivals dates are from Friday 30th November – Thursday 31st January. Events must be within these dates.
- The St Andrew’s Fair Saturday Festival events must take place on either Friday 30th November or Saturday 1st December
- With support from the Scottish Government, we have £25,000 available to support community-led Scotland’s Winter Festivals and St Andrew’s Fair Saturday Festival events.
- With support from the Scottish Government, we have £25,000 available to support community-led Year of Young People 2018 events. This fund is also open to applications for the St Andrews Fair Saturday Festival events.
If you would like to discuss a potential application or just get more general information then you can contact us at email@example.com or by phone on 0141 548 8047
Scotland’s Winter Festivals 2018/2019
Year of Young People 2018
Submitting an application
Please submit your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
We prefer applications to be submitted by email, but if you need to submit your application by post, please send it via recorded delivery to:
SWF / YOYP [as appropriate]
38 Queen Street
Glasgow, G1 3DX
For any further queries about the application process or eligibility please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or by telephone on 0141 548 8047.
All marketing material for your funded events must use the BEMIS and YOYP or SWF (as appropriate) logos. Successful applicants will be provided with the relevant images in due course.