Note: This fund is now closed
‘Social distancing does not mean social isolation’
We know that social distancing and inequalities that pre-existed the current situation have increased challenges that communities face in equally accessing critical services and opportunities.
The transition fund is here to help organisations respond to the changing needs of their members in a sustainable way. This can mean help in accessing food and sustenance, help in getting online and setting up online networks or creating local networks to engage with key services.
Based upon the intelligence that we have developed through our membership and networks the priorities of this grant fund will be:
- Ensuring community organisations can set up sustainable networks that support access to food and sustenance needs initially up until August 2020
- Ensuring organisations can support their communities to be connected to services, information and communication
- Ensuring community organisations can provide services to tackle isolation, such as online events and befriending
To be eligible you must:
- Be a registered charity, independent organisation, or unincorporated association (we cannot accept applications from individuals)
- Be from a diverse ethnic and cultural minority community in Scotland or deliver catered programs in conjunction with these individuals and communities
- Provide a service or programme of work that will tackle online social isolation or support people to adapt to social distancing requirements and empower their access to key services, information, or support.
With support from the Scottish Government we have £39,500 we are going to distribute to community organisations across Scotland.
Grants are available of £500–£1500. Please provide a budget breakdown for costs required. Please note that staffing costs, travel, accommodation, and other core organisational functions are not eligible for grants awards.
Note: This fund is now closed
|Stronger Together Enterprise||£540.00|
|Friends For All Project||£900.00|
|Fife Arabic Society||£1,200.00|
|Isaro Community Initiative||£1,485.00|
|Youth Community Support Agency||£900.00|
|Inspiring Families Development Network Scotland||£860.00|
|Milan Senior Welfare Organisation||£1,100.00|
|PKAVS Minority Communities Hub||£1,000.00|
|African Caribbean Women’s Association||£900.00|
|Women In Action||£840.00|
|International Women’s Group||£1,500.00|
|Pollokshields Development Agency||£1,000.00|
|Scottish Arab Women Association||£800.00|
|Dumfries and Galloway Multicultural Association||£600.00|
|Organisation for Nepalese Culture and Welfare||£1,200.00|
|The Yemeni Community In Scotland||£1,200.00|
|Association of Malawians in Scotland||£1,000.00|
|The Esther?s Company||£1,200.00|
|Nepalese Himalayan Association Scotland||£1,400.00|
|Community Asset Project||£1,300.00|
|The Bright Action Team||£1,500.00|
|Association NDE Scotland||£1,500.00|
|Glendale Women’s Café||£1,440.00|