- 30/03/2023 – Hate Crime/Covid/Census
- 27/10/2022 – Cost of Living Crisis
- 24/08/2022 – COVID Research Launch
- Meeting 31/03/2022
- Meeting 09/12/2021
- Meeting 23/09/2021
- Meeting 29/10/2020
- Meeting 27/08/2020
EMNRN to NRS (National Records of Scotland)
Strategic Objectives of Network
The network goals can be outlined as:
- Intelligence and Signposting: Ensure ethnic minority (EM) communities are engaged with local support networks and services.
- Responding and Providing: Provide EM communities with emergency food funds for vulnerable families if and when required.
- Inclusive and Receptive Approach: Develop and all-encompassing approach to ensuring EM individuals, families and local communities are resilient and supported equally.
BEMIS Scotland are aware that ethnic minority communities across Scotland will need to self-isolate and may need additional support to access support agencies, emergency relief or make contact with broader community support initiatives.
Having spoken to communities across Scotland it has become apparent that the coming weeks will bring significant challenges for our communities.
As such we have set up contacts with our networks across Scotland to offer a peer to peer support service and sharing best practice from local community responses. We need to support each other during this challenge. To join this network please email us at email@example.com
This is a developing situation and as the weeks progress all of our efforts are being directed towards ensuring that our communities and individuals are linked into evolving efforts to support each other.
If you have any further queries please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
From Friday 17th April until Friday 29th May 2020 we will provide emergency grant relief to those facing acute financial vulnerability due to the ongoing situation.
We can support people/families who meet the following self-defined criteria:
- Have run out of or will run out of money between 9th April and 15th May
- Not in receipt of funding from other similar programmes
- Are unable to support their family due to delays in universal credit or self-employment support
- Have household member(s) who are showing virus symptoms making it impossible for to go to shops or shop online
- Are individuals and experiencing Covid-19 hardships with no family support, etc
- Any other reason connected to the public health emergency that has material impact of placing the household in acute hardship
We will pay grants of:
- £60 per individual household adult to a maximum of £120.
- £40 per child (under the age of 16) up to a maximum of £200 per family unit.
The transition fund is here to help organisations respond to the changing needs of their members in a sustainable way. This can mean help in accessing food and sustenance, help in getting online and setting up online networks or creating local networks to engage with key services.
Scottish Government funding
- Grants Online list of open funds across UK related to the coronavirus
With the kind support of professional counselling volunteers who are registered with British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) we are now able to offer support to those community members who have concerns about self-isolation or other mental health support requirement. You can referral forms and more info at the link below:
- Scottish Government information and advice
- NHS advice
- UK Government:
- Doctors of the World – Coronavirus information in many different languages
Health and social care
- NHS Education for Scotland – Educational resources for health and social care staff and volunteers
Lots of help & advice from the Scottish Government’s Parent Club
- #COVIBOOK – a short book to support and reassure children under 7
available in other languages from https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
- Lickety Guide to the Coronavirus for Children: [Video] English | Arabic
You can see the current list of members of the EMNRN and any information they have here:
Membership of the EMNRN remains open to organisations, communities and individuals. If you know of others who may wish to join ask them email email@example.com.